- Criticism of the war is not by itself unpatriotic
- Similarly, answering anti-war critics is not challenging their patriotism
- But opportunistic and cynical anti-war critics who are trying to walk back their own votes and level spurious charges at the Administration (they lied to take is into war) are themselves lying
- These lies are hurting the country and the troops
- The burden of proof, in a post 911 world, was on Saddam Hussein to prove heï¿½d disarmed; we could not wait for the threat to become imminent before acting
- The cause the troops are fighting for is just and right
- Iraq is moving toward freedom; and things on the ground are improving daily, regardless of what the MSM and prominent Dems would have us believe.
These points, taken together, form an easy, concise, andï - most importantly - a factually correct counter-narrative to the Dem / MSM narrative that has preached confusion, failure, quagmire, American criminality (torture, WP), and the relentlessness of an insurgency whose battleground savvy and knowledge of the Arab world are thwarting the plans of our confused military leaders and civilian war commanders. Oh. But we LOVE THE TROOPS!
I think the narrative is a good one, but it needs to be repeated as loud and as often as the one the Dems have been peddling.